Terms and Conditions
Payment and Deposits
- Our payment terms for regular bookings are: All payments are due in full within 24 hours of the booking taking place.
- For wedding bookings 50% deposit with the remaining balance due 30 days prior to the booking.
- Any deviations to the original booking price, such as additional waiting time, extra hours, car parking, additional stops and address changes will be advised so payment can be made.
- The charge on your credit card statement will be shown as The Somerset Travel Company (herein known as STC)
- All payments will be taken by payment merchants which are safe and secure. We do not store any card/bank details and the only time we will ask for payment details is via telephone bookings.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- If a booking is cancelled by the Customer within 24 hours from the start of the period of hire, 50% of all monies paid will be non-refundable.
- If a booking is cancelled by the Customer within 12 hours from the start of the period of hire, 100% of all monies paid will be non-refundable.
- If a wedding booking is cancelled within 1 month from the start of the period of hire, the deposit will be non-refundable. If a wedding booking is cancelled within two weeks from the start of the period of hire, the full hire amount will still be charged to the customer.
- If multiple vehicle bookings are cancelled by the Customer for any major social and business events, within 5 days from the start of the period of hire, 100% of all monies paid will be non-refundable.
- If the customer does not appear at the time and place designated as the pickup point, all monies paid will be non-refundable.
General Terms and Conditions
- STC request a minimum of 2 hours notice for any online bookings.
- If you would like to book a car with less than 2 hours notice:
- Please call us on : +44 (0)330 1330 213
- Whilst we do our utmost to ensure our drivers are punctual, you will understand that we cannot accept responsibility for delays caused by circumstances out with our control.
- The driver will drive at safe and sensible speeds in accordance with road conditions, traffic and the legal speed limits.
- Clients are responsible for any damage they cause to the interior and or exterior of a vehicle on hire to them and will be billed accordingly for any repair or valeting required in order to reinstate a vehicle to working order – as well as any subsequent loss of earnings for the driver for the consequence of their vehicle being off the road.
- We may provide subcontracted vehicles occasionally.
- By supplying your email address you permit STC to contact you via email, in return we promise never to supply your email to any third party.
- We reserve the right to change your vehicle or chauffeur at any time if necessary.
- Our Chauffeur(s) will travel by the most appropriate route on the day, unless instructed otherwise by the Customer at the time of booking.
- STC vehicle(s) and sub-contracted vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims. However, customer’s properties are carried entirely at their own risk and STC shall not be held responsible/liable for any loss/damage to such property.
- STC will keep a lost property book at their office, and will endeavour to return any lost goods left in our vehicle(s) or subcontracted vehicle(s) to the customer.
- STC and its chauffeurs have the right to refuse to carry any passenger who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and whose behaviour poses a threat either to the Chauffeur, the vehicle or any other passenger(s).
- STC maintains a strict non-smoking policy in all its vehicles.
- Online quotations do not allow for public and bank holidays like Christmas Day or New Years Eve. On Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day there will be surcharge on all journeys.
- All major sporting events such as Wimbledon and Ascot are charged at a premium rate which may mean online bookings for these types of events may not be valid. Please call and speak with the team to make your booking for these type of events.
- Nothing contained in these terms and conditions can affect the Client’s’ statutory rights.